Highlights of qualifications
20 Years of experience as a Software Analyst, Developer and Manager, with a successful track record of delivering products to market in multinational and competitive environments.
Extensive experience in software development for the telecomunication industy, Telephony, Internet, C#, Java, Digital content and networks.
Proven leadership skills in creating and growing teams to technical excellence.
Principal & Lead Developer
Projects related to multi-play and convergence:
- SarTrack: GPS/GPRS Fleet Tracking Application. Windows Mobile Client. Allows for Logistic Fleet tracking (location and management of terrestrial vehicles).
- Easymius for DTT: Customization of a Digital Terrestrial Television application (running on MHP stack). The application allows dynamic cration and update of the content to be broadcasted via a web browser interface to the underlying Content Management System.
- Yooly: A VoIP call center solution using a mix of opensource and custom developed technologies. The system support Automatic Call Distribution (ACD), Power and Predictive Dialing and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) integration via pluggable modules.
Sortware Services Architect
Technical Lead for a variety of new services deployed for over 7 milion customers in 8 countries,
Video chat/video conferencing service for Tiscali portal users. The system allows Tiscali users to chat and create videoconference with a web interface. First application to integrate UMTS/3G mobile videophones an to allow PC to Mobile videocalls.
Voice Portal – The system is running on an european-wide VoIP network with all application server and Voice processing capabilities centralized in Italy. The Service is available in 6 languages across 8 countries
Virtual Fax service for Tiscali portal users. The system allows tiscali users to send and receive fax from their personal computer via an easy to use web interface.
A VoIP service for Tiscali Users – active in italy since 2000 the system allows users to place phone calls from the PC to the phone network.
Senior Software Design Engineer
Designed and developed the MSN Messenger implementation for WebTV set-top boxes. Coordinated revisions with usability testing, QA and server side development. MSN Messenger for WebTV has been in use in more that 1 million sites across the United States.
Implemented Real Time Streaming Protocol and Prototype Video On Demand Application.
Founder, Chief Software Architect/VP of Engineering
Part of the founding team. Hired and managed a team of 6 engineers. Responsible for the definition of Paceworks Object Oriented architecture. Performed analysis, design and hands-on development of PaceWorks products and technologies including:
ObjectDancer, an Internet authoring tool. Released three versions plus Japanese localization in less than 12 months.
From its first release ObjectDancer received excellent reviews from the press.
MacWorld Expo – HotPick
MacWorld – 4 Stars
NewMedia – Awesome
BannerSource a Server component for the creation of personalized Web content on the fly.
Development of a 100% pure Java implementation of Vectorium. Vectorium supports vector graphic, including Bezier curves; bitmaps transparency and antialiasing; generic 2D transformations (rotation, skew) for all objects and Bezier motion paths.
Software Development Manager
Defined and implemented the architecture of Scriptorium, a multimedia object-oriented environment with patent pending features. The technology as been transferred to PaceWorks as part of the startup process.
Developed GX4: A Computer Telephony application integrating Dialogic Boards with Lotus Notes.
Implemented DAVID: An e-mail gateway between Lotus Notes and the Italian Pager Network.
Build for Philips Italy the Macintosh version of an authoring system for the development of CD-I titles.
Provided consulting services on the design and implementation of Lotus Notes Workflow applications. Clients included: City of Milan IT services (SICOM), InfoService Srl, Mac-Minneapolis Advisors and Consultants, Gesto srl.
Founder, Technical Director
Co-founded and directed I-Per Media, a leading consulting and multimedia production company in Italy.
Managed all aspects of Software and Content development and delivery.
Developed the following selected products:
- Design Italiano : Multimedia Database on Italian Design, developed for the 1993 exposition on Italian Design at the Lingotto Museum in Turin, Italy.
- AEM : Multimedia game on household security, developed for Milan’s Electric Company.
- Rassegna Stampa : Application for the daily presentation of newspaper headlines on television. The software is written in C and uses the DSP (TI 34010) in the TrueVision NuVista Video Board in order to perform real time animation of 2D images.
- Video Master: Software RS-422 VTR control for frame-accurate recording on broadcast video equipment written in C.
- I-Per Media Clients included: Arnoldo Mondadori Editore, FIAT auto, Fininvest Group, Olivetti, Philip Morris Europe.
Software Engineer Intern
Enhanced the functionality of the MS-DOS Mouse install program. Designed and implemented an MS-DOS Mouse test program.
Developed solutions for vertical markets, developed localized add-ons for Italian version of software packages, taught in courses on productivity tools for Personal Computers.
Simpa: Strategic financial simulator.
VPPlus: Add-on for the Italian version of Ventura Publisher.
On-site training Clients: Olivetti, Montedison, GFT, Motta.
Feasibility study: Adapting the Unix Portable C Compiler to a C interpreter.
Developed a new dynamic memory management algorithm for a circuit simulator based on SPICE.
Developed new techniques and algorithm for the reconfiguration of VLSI/WSI 2-D systolic arrays. The research has been published in “Proceedings of Microprocessing and Microprogramming – 1987 “ and was presented at the IEEE International Workshop on Defect and Fault Tolerance in VLSI Systems, Springfield, Massachusetts, October 1988.
A+ (30 cum Laude/30) in Computer Programming, Database Design and Computer Architectures.
Fluent in Italian, English and French.